Last Updated: December 2019
116 East 16th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10003
A. Information You Provide
We collect information about you when you use the Service, including, but not limited to, the information you provide when you access our content and resources, make a donation, register for webinars or onsite presentations or workshops, contact client intake, or sign-up to receive our newsletter. The following are the categories of information we collect:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, postal address, borough, and phone number.
- Profile Data, including, but not limited to, primary language, relationship such as your status as a parent, family member, professional, or young adult.
- Donation Data, including the amount donated, desired frequency of donations, employer for corporate matched donations, honoree if the donation is made in honor of another, payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your donations.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us including but not limited to through our Service, WhatsApp, or by email.
- Webforms and Applications, including information provided in applications for our Services whether submitted online, via email, or fax. When you submit an application or webform, or we enroll you in our newsletter.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B. Information Collected Automatically
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect includes:
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, the pages you visit, emails and content you view, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
We may use various tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Service, including the following:
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device which act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics, and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
C. Information from Other Sources
We also collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Partners that offer co-branded events or services or engage in joint activities to market events or resources.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
We collect and use information in order to:
- Operate and manage our Service, including providing resources, disability news and events for parents and education professionals.
- Perform services requested by you, such as respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide client intake.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities.
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys.
- Improve the Service or our websites, marketing efforts, or services.
- Develop and send you direct marketing, including reaching out to donors about events and opportunities to donate, and communications about our and other entities’ events and services.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Service Providers. We share information with entities that process information on our behalf. Service providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. We may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded events, resources and services, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our Service to another entity.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share information to comply with the law or other legal process.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities through the Service.
- Consent. We otherwise share information with notice to you and your consent, including in sharing information provided in a Webform or Application for services.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
We offer parts of our Service through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by separate entities. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by separate entities into parts of our Service. Some examples, without limitation, include:
- Links. Our Service includes hyperlinks to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us, such as links to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Donations. We process donations through our website using the iDonate platform, and we also process donations through our Facebook page.
A. Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser by changing its settings to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Service. Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb.
- E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your donations, registration to events, workshops, or INCLUDEnyc’s ongoing relationship with you.
- Push Notifications. If you have opted-in to receive push notification on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting the permissions in your device.
- Text Messages and Calls. You can opt-out of receiving text messages or calls to your phone number at any time by (i) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect additional or subsequent subscriptions.
The Service is intended for a general audience, and is not directed at children under (13) years of age. We do not knowingly gather personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) in a manner not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, contact us as set out in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable laws.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.